Sunday, January 23, 2011

One Liners

I like how boats and shores connect: a bold thrust into the cleaving sands and then all is still.

You can't love me until you love my words.

Silence is only beautiful when all is explained and understood, else it is a deafening roar with possibilities and "maybe"s

Standing on the bridge I wonder whether there are more yesterdays or more tomorrows, so I'd know which way to go.

Stone-skipping questions across the Lake of Life has only shown me how each are lost near the horizon.

Every puddle has your voice screaming - "Come on! Jump in. It will be fun" And I walk away, like you did.

A dog is your best teacher and lover. For everything else there is a book.

Dreams of you under the sun are less warm than dreams of you under the stars.

Kiss me. Now. Stop. Wait. Kiss me again. Stop. Kiss my collar bone. Stop. Let's talk because I don't feel you. I can't hear you. Stop. Stop.

Making love one word at a time

2 comments:

  1. Silence is only beautiful when all is explained and understood, else it is a deafening roar with possibilities and "maybe"s - loved this one! its true- you're at complete peace when you know.(and smile- where nothing can ruffle you). when you don't-your mind is always in the state of unrest.

    Standing on the bridge I wonder whether there are more yesterdays or more tomorrows, so I'd know which way to go.- I don't think i'd ever want to get stuck in the past- the more you think of how nice, beautiful or even horrible something was- you lose so much time in realizing the present is in all probability more beautiful. Similarly- daydreams are very nice till they last- you end up getting out of most of them with a feeling of discontent. so future doesn't work either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear D,
    Glad you liked the ones you picked. We are always stuck in the past, literally and figuratively. There is no escaping the past's influence on our present or future. I am not sure why people keep recommending to let go of the past and they say it only for the sad things not for the memory of the beautiful time you had in Shimla! The past is unalterable but beyond that, I am not sure how different is it from the present or the future. Coming to think of it, maybe even the alterability of the present and future are also our thinking! :-) As the Italians say, Uno vita, uno destino!

    ReplyDelete