Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hug O' War

Shel Silverstein is one of my favourite poets. Contrary to my usual preference for the serious and stoic, SS has the quality of being deep while being light or even funny. I think that is rare and widely unappreciated. Most people fear they might be called amateurish or dilettantes for picking someone like SS. Here, have a lollipop and meditate on that.

This poem I share because it is exactly how I feel everyday morning when I wake up before I go back to bed at night realising that it can never be realised in this world. Nope, not at all... :-(

I am a big fan of hugging, but only kids appreciate it. Men think I am homosexual (I hate using the word gay in this context because gay has a beautiful meaning which has been perverted by the kings of perversion - Westerners) and women think I am hitting on them, hence, neither of them receive hugs till they are good friends with me. Kids, on the other hand, understand hugs for what they really are - bringing hearts together.


Hug O War

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Beautiful poem. Thanks for posting it.

    -- Sandeep G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:32 PM

      This Poem speaks to my heart. But I would rather suck balls!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:44 AM

      I love this poem!

      Delete